Welcome to BeerCheeseSoup.com!
Dedicated to grilling, drinks and everything else.
Food and drink. From a very early age, I remember my Mom and Dad celebrated with food and drink. Sundays, weddings, funerals, St. Patrick’s Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving and more. These were occasions where food and drink only rivaled great conversation and many times a good old-fashioned argument. I can remember many a Christmas where we couldn’t afford much, but we always had special treats and a grand meal.
Long story short…I picked up on the food and drink thing. It is important to me.
This is my website dedicated to the love of entertaining, grilling, drinks and everything else. Please look around and enjoy!
P.S.…BEER CHEESE SOUP (Yield around 8-10 servings)
- 1-1/2 qts water
- 2 cups strong beer (no light beer!)
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 oz chicken soup base (check the ingredients…meat first, not salt!)
- 4 tbsp minced carrot (1 medium sized carrot)
- 4 tbsp minced celery (2 small celery stalks – no leaves)
- 6 oz margarine
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 lb extra-sharp aged cheddar cheese (shred and melt, prefab jar or canned)
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- Freshly popped popcorn
In a large sauce pan, bring water, carrots, celery and soup base to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer. In a large stockpot, melt margarine until it is hot and bubbling (a drop of water should snap back at you). Whisk in flour to create a roux. Slowly whisk in half and half, then whisk in beer. Next, slowly whisk in contents of the saucepan. Add cheese mixture while constantly stirring. Reduce heat to low. Add salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste. Garnish with freshly popped popcorn and enjoy!